Monday, January 17, 2011

Warning Signs

I recently took a trip to the Great Smokey Mountains with my best friend and as we took off for one of our hikes, this sign was posted at the trail head. As you see below, it read, "DANGER - Fallen deaths HAVE occurred. Closely control children."


Let me point this out again..."Falling deaths HAVE occurred". It does not say could occur, is possible...no, not at all, they are telling you they have occurred...people HAVE died. They are speaking from experience not from speculation. When I saw this sign it made me think of Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death" Not the wages of sin may be death, could possibly be death, will most likely result in death. It is plain, simple, straight forward, to the point, no nonsense, no room for speculation, no margin for error, "The Wages of sin is death"...but I love that it does not stop there..."but the Gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

The Question is not what happens to us because we sin...the answer there is abundantly clear, the question is have you accepted God's gift of eternal life through Jesus Christ?


No comments:

Post a Comment